Book Review: Blue Bloods by Melissa De la Cruz


**This post is written by a guest blogger... my sister Leslie. She is 12 years old and another voracious reader in the family.**

I borrowed Blue Bloods by Melissa De la Cruz from the library. I didn't want to read it at first because it was one of those books that everyone at my school was reading and I didn't feel like reading something everyone else was reading. At first, I couldn't even stand reading the first couple of pages but I want to give it a fair chance anyway and to make sure I don't give up on it or avoid it, I made it as my English class book report book.

But I continue to read on, it wasn't that bad. I mean, when I finally got to the part where Schuylar, the main character, finds out what she really is, the book got more interesting... that was when the conflicts started. Before that, it was really boring because nothing was really happening.

When Schuylar finds out she's a vampire, she begins to solve the mystery of a classmate's death that involves her kind. And with her friends' help they come to find out what the elders of the Blue Bloods are hiding. Now, Schuylar is determined to stop whatever this predator is up to and try to warn everyone the dangers these things can do to their kind. But, how will she survive when she's one of the prey?

Also, maybe it's just me but I didn't really like how the book jumps from one character's point of view in one chapter and then a few pages later it goes to another character's POV. Like, the author would focus on Schuylar and then all of a sudden the focus would be on Bliss, then Mimi... it was really confusing. It takes some getting used to (and I did eventually) but I still don't like how it does that.

This book is actually part of a four-book series. This book was okay but it didn't get me that motivated in reading the next one. Then, again maybe I will because I saw the other books in the series at WalMart and I read the synopsis on all of them and they sound semi-interesting. I wouldn't buy the books but maybe I'll borrow them from the library.

I think this book should be rated 2.5 stars because it was okay but just too... simple? There wasn't a whole lot of conflict and I had a hard time getting the first part of the book (the boring part) but the other half of it is decent.

**Disclaimer: This book was borrowed from our local public library. My review was based on MY own experiences with the book and only share my honest, unbiased opinions. I am NOT promoting or discouraging anyone from purchasing this book--whether I liked or disliked it. PLEASE use this blog only as a source and not the definite answer to your inquiries.**

2 comments

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.