Blog Update: Blog Changes for the Year 2010

With a new year coming up, it's time for a few changes on my blog the first being I changed its name from Michelle's Bookshelf and Makeup Drawer to Michelle's Book Picks. The former name just doesn't fit the blog anymore now that I've decided I'm going to be doing beauty product reviews only once or twice a month. I've decided to forgo all beauty product reviews (as well as delete all previous product reviews) and just focus on books.

In the coming year, I'm also going to do weekly or bi-weekly posts of "Midnight Confession" (diary-type posts about my thoughts, rants and observations on all things book-related) and "Books I Covet" (which features books I am interested in buying and reading with their blurbs).

For now, the only monthly post I know for sure I'm doing are the "Monthly Book Roundup" and maybe a monthly giveaway (please enter if you haven't already my first giveaway happening right now) if I have extra book money to spare. I'm playing around the idea of doing a monthly author spotlight which will feature authors whose books I have read and enjoyed, but I worry I won't be able to do it justice because I have a full-time job and only post whenever I have free time.

I will continue to do book reviews at least three times a month and Leslie will also be doing reviews on books she's read, so there will be one or two book reviews a week. I'm also going to be a guest blogger for Royal Reviews in the coming year and I'm really looking forward to doing that because their blog is one of the first I ever followed. I also want to do scheduled memes for specific days of the week but I'm still on the search for one I can commit to. I already found a few challenges I want to participate in, so I'm very excited about taking part in those.

My greatest wish is that sometime in the year 2010 I'll have enough followers and readers that I can host authors here on MBP. Due to the new FTC laws on blogging, I've decided not to ever host blog tours and such as in the foreseeable future, but I want to do some kind of author spotlight kind of thing with an author of my choosing (i.e., authors whose books I've read and enjoyed in the past) with NO endorsements of any kind. But I do want to gain more readers to do it any kind of justice. And I still have to figure out how to go about doing that--getting more readers and hosting authors--but I have high hopes.

I can't wait for the new year to begin! :)

1 comment

  1. YAY 2010! I think it's going to be an awesome year!
    I don't think I've read one of your Midnight Confessions yet, but I'll be looking forward to them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.