Michelle's ABC Reading Challenge 2009-2010

ABC
ABC Reading Challenge Based On Any Word in the Book's Title

I've been a book blog lurker for some time before I finally took the plunge and started my own book blog so that books I've read and my thoughts about them can be chronicled. However, I haven't been utilizing my blog all that much--only posting a book review once every week and half (which is the time it takes me to read a book cover to cover). I want to do more but I don't want to post just any old thing and I haven't found an interesting enough meme I can commit to. However, I've been wanting to participate in a reading challenge for a while now but my worry about not being able to follow through have always stopped me.

Well, that's about to change as I've decided to take another plunge and join in on a reading challenge. I found the perfect on from Another Book On The Stack. She is attempting an ABC reading challenge based on the author's last name (and I hope she doesn't mind me "borrowing" her idea). I want a long term challenge (and maybe participate in a smattering of smaller challenges in between once I get the hang of things), but I'm thinking that the last name thing will be too hard for my first one so I'm changing it so that it's an "ABC Reading Challenge Based On Any Word in the Book's Title" and I'm making it so that every book genre counts. Easy right? I think I'll be able to handle that.

Since I want to use the books I've already read since I started this blog my "starting" date was September 3, 2009 and ends March 3, 2010 (I'm giving myself 6 months). And since it all seems very eary right now, I'm going to put down some rules:

1. These words--the, a, an, and, is, are, were--do not count. For example, the "a" in Once a Rake cannot be put down for the letter "A." Any other words are fair game.

2. A different book must be used for each letter in the alphabet. After the challenge is complete, I should have read 26 different books.

3. 75% of the 26 books read must be 200+ pages long.

I think that's it.

Hopefully this challenge will make me read more books at a much quicker pace and I will utilize my blog more and post more often. I never know what to post about except for book reviews and I haven't found a weekly meme yet that I want to get into.

**This challenge has probably been done before, but if you haven't done it yet feel free to take the challenge (and don't forget to let me know as it'd be nice know someone else is attempting it)!


A - Bold Angel by Kat Martin
B - Let the Night Begin by Kathryn Smith
C - Creole Fires by Kat Martin
D - Duke of Shadows by Meredith Duran
E - The Earl Claims His Wife by Cathy Maxwell
F - Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
G - Graceling by Kristin Cashore
H - The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
I - Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh
J - Julie and Julia by Julie Powell
K
L - Lucan by Susan Kearney
M - In My Heart by Melody Thomas
N -
O - Her One Desire by Kimberly Killion
P
Q
R - Once a Rake by Rona Sharon
S - Book of Scandal by Julia London
T - Three Nights of Sin by Anne Mallory
U - Ecstasy Unveiled by Larissa Ione
V - Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh
W - Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas
X
Y
Z

2 comments

  1. I like the sound of that! I may have to consider this for my first challenge...would you be opposed to another tagging along for the "reading journey"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be nice to have someone completing the challenge with me so Go For It! (if you decide to go with this one [:) Anyone can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.