Book Review: The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong

Image from FantasticFiction

**This post is written by a guest blogger... my sister Leslie. She is 12 years old and another voracious reader. She will be doing more young adult book reviews in the future.**

Blurb (from the author's website):
Chloe Saunders sees dead people. Yes, like in the films. The problem is, in real life saying you see ghosts gets you a one-way ticket to the psych ward. And at 15, all Chloe wants to do is fit in at school and maybe get a boy to notice her. But when a particularly violent ghost haunts her, she gets noticed for all the wrong reasons. Her seemingly crazed behaviour earns her a trip to Lyle House, a centre for 'disturbed teens'. At first Chloe is determined to keep her head down. But then her room mate disappears after confessing she has a poltergeist, and some of the other patients also seem to be manifesting paranormal behaviour. Could that be a coincidence? Or is Lyle House not quite what it seems...? Chloe realizes that if she doesn't uncover the truth, she could be destined for a lifetime in a psychiatric hospital. Or could her fate be even worse...? Can she trust her fellow students, and does she dare reveal her dark secret?


"The Summoning" was the first book I read that was by Kelley Armstrong and I'm already a fan. This book was very addictive with its moving scenes and supernatural characters. I can't wait to read the sequel of this book.

"The Summoning" was full of adventures of the main character, Chloe Saunders, and her friends, that had left me at many questions that wanted to be answered. I was also moved by the suspense of some of the adventures. Those adventures were described very well that it made me feel like I had jumped inside of the book and I was experiencing what Chloe and her friends were doing.

The supernatural characters were also fantastic. I liked how Kelley Armstrong used events of the story to help the reader understand what the character is and how they are unique in their own special way.

I give this book 5 stars because it was written well with its many riveting adventures, awesome characters and it had all the elements I could ask for in a book- fantasy, a bit of romance and horror. I recommend this book and I'm looking forward to reading the next book, "The Awakening".

**Disclaimer: This book was borrowed from our local library. My review was based on MY own experiences with the book and only share my honest, unbiased opinions. I am NOT promoting or discouraging anyone from purchasing this book--whether I liked or disliked it. PLEASE use this blog only as a source and not the definite answer to your inquiries.**

No comments

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.