Thursday, September 3, 2009

Image from here

Her One Desire by Kimberly Killion

The thing is, I haven't been really in the mood to read lately (ever since I've been getting into makeup). I'm still buying A LOT of books but I haven't been reading them. I just ordered six new romance books last week but luckily they haven't arrived in the mail yet, and I bought a bunch (non-romance) in the last few months but I haven't read any of them yet. I've just been getting around to reading the books I bought last year. I'm the kind of reader that if I have to drag myself to read a book, it's not going to get finished because I will avoid it like a plague. Then, I won't read anything until I read through said book. I feel guilty for not reading a book I paid $7.99 because that's wasting money.

The good news is that Her One Desire by Kimberly Killion broke my romance reading slump.

For a debut book, this is a very good one. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would but I thought it went on longer than needed and dragged a bit a times. It kept my interest, although I didn't particularly cared for the heroine or the hero. I think the author broke the "show not tell" rule of excellent story telling a little because the hero and heroine fell for each other pretty quickly in the beginning and I felt like she told rather than show the progression of of why they fell in love.

Also, I think the heroine changed in personality and way of thinking too quickly for it to be believable. She was abused pretty much all her life, but as soon as she met the hero she pretty much did a complete 180 in the few days they were together. The hero was just a little too perfect for me and wasn't exactly that unforgettable alpha hero. However, I love the author's lyrical voice in the she writes and shows a lot of promise of writing great love stories. I might be picking up her other books if I run across one at a bookstore.

I'd give it 3 stars.


**Disclaimer: I bought this book with my own money. All my reviews are based on MY own experiences with the book and only share honest, unbiased opinions. I am NOT promoting or discouraging anyone from purchasing this book--whether I liked or disliked it. PLEASE use this blog only as a source and not the definite answer to your inquiries.**

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this round up ... I get you on the show not tell feel, that does tend to drive me batty as well...

    E.H>

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.