Monday, September 14, 2009

BBAW: Day 1

Monday, September 14, 2009 with
Labels:
The questions for day 1 of BBAW is:

What book blogs mean something to you? Who are your most trusted sources for recommendations, your greatest help, the blogger you turn to for a laugh or to vent? Whose writing do you admire or who introduced you to a whole new genre you didn’t know about?

These questions are really hard for me to answer because I've just recently dipped my toes in the book blogging world. I don't really know anyone yet, but I discovered some favorite blogs I go to for ideas and inspiration. I really like visiting Royal Reviews (which I mentioned on my first BBAW post just below this one), Froggaritaville's Bookcase, My Overstuffed Bookshelf, and I've recently discovered Chick with Books.

As for recommendations, I am trying to read the books I have right now because, as a recent college graduate, I really can't afford to be tempted to buy more books. However, I did read one of Chick with Books' recent review on Gregory Maguire's Missing Sisters and that is one book I am going to buy as soon as I finish my pile of unread books. She wrote a great summary that told you enough of what to expect yet you want to read more... I want to read that book! I really admire someone who can write a great book summary that makes a reader excited about a book because it's a skill I want to have. I really suck at writing book summaries as I tend to write too much or too little. I hope that my blog will be as successful as the blogs I mentioned above.

1 comment:

  1. Since I'm new on the scene of blogging and you are the only book blogger that I'm following, I would have to say you. Like you I fell a little behind on my reading; I have so many books I have to catch up with but when I get a chance I will check out G. Maguire's Missing Sisters.

    Meet Me At The Kitty Kat Lounge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much to stopping by today and taking the time to comment.